FunctieInside Account Manager
The Inside Account Manager is responsible for developing and growing the relationships
and accounts across a portfolio of varied Clients, in some instances working in
partnership with an Executive Account Manager or Opportunity Manager to identify,
develop and win Client opportunities across new and existing Clients.
Identify, qualify, develop and close sales opportunities with new and existing
Clients in order to achieve and exceed individual revenue and GP growth targets.
• Establishes and develops strong Client relationships built on trust and the utmost
level of Client satisfaction through great service delivery.
• Develop account plans across Client base to identify opportunities based on Client
pain points and needs.
• Manages the end to end renewal process for existing accounts in order to ensure
client retention by strategic account management techniques.
• Identifies opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell and wrap services around
otherwise transactional opportunities.
• Produces and closes sales quotes in compliance with Insight’s internal guidelines
in order to achieve and exceed revenue based targets.
• Establishes and develops stakeholder relationships with cross functional internal
teams to support and manage clients needs.
• Acts as a day to day resource for client queries, licensing and software purchase
questions, responding or escalating as appropriate.
Accountable for driving recurring transactional revenue and optimising the sales
• Manages detailed and accurate contact information for prospects and clients within
the relevant CRM systems and has a high level of proficiency in the use of
procurement tools in order to ensure the effective processing of queries and orders.
• Provide frequent and accurate forecast and pipeline information.
In some teams, the IAM also:
• Collaborates closely with the Executive Account Manager or Opportunity Manager,
supporting the development of a compelling and strategic annual business plan and
an accurate systems-based pipeline for their assigned portfolio of clients.
• Contributes to sales pitches, bids and tenders under the guidance of the Executive
Account Manager or Opportunity Manager.
This list is not exhaustive, you will be required to take on additional responsibilities as
reasonably requested by your manager.
- Experience with proven consultative and sales experience in technology (hardware, services or software) with evidence of achieving and exceeding sales targets Knowledge of vertical markets within the IT and Technology sectors.
- Able to quickly build rapport and develop strong professional relationships with Clients.
- Understanding of Insight’s solution offerings.
- Ability to articulate in written format responses to clients’ day to day needs and that of bids and tenders.
- Degree within a Business or Technical discipline
- Able to understand how technology solutions can address the commercial needs of businesses.
- Basic understanding of contracts, Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) and the ability to negotiate standard and non-standard T&Cs
- Understand basic financial terms, Profit and Loss (P&L), balance sheet, cost of sale, budget, leasing etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to credibly discuss and understand client business issues and challenges.
- Team player who can work successfully within a diverse team in a mutually supportive way, including technical and sales teammates in multiple/virtual locations.
- High level of written and spoken English.