The Customer Service Engineer is responsible for carrying out Service Requests, in example Hands & Eyes services for our customers, cross-/disconnects and elements of customer implementations. You Monitor and document customer services provided by external providers and you accompany customers that request access to Interxion’s centralized patching room. Moreover, you support Service Transition (implementation) activities, under coordination of the Service Design & Transition Engineer/Manager.
Other responsibilities include:
- Execution of migration activities (Labelling, Installation, Documentation and testing).
- Execution of operational tasks regarding incident and problem management
- Potentially guidance and support of more junior colleagues
- Inform clients, Service Planning and the potentially ECSC about progress in interventions and the delivery of any value added services, follows up on customer termination requests and questions.
The Customer Service Engineer reports directly to the Customer Services Manager. Internally your point of contact will mainly be with the Operations function and the Service Planning Coordinator. Your external points of contact will be with our customers and suppliers.
- Vocational qualification of a technical nature (qualified electricians are a distinct advantage), Telco’s background is preferred.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data installations and terminations, knowledge of general installation and repair works.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme certification or similar demonstrating that you have passed the relevant Health and Safety tests is an advantage.
- Experience of working in a client facing data centre.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written.
- You are a self-starter and have an eye for detail, possess good communication skills and are customer focused.
- You are eager to learn every day and gain knowledge, you strive for 100% accuracy and you are resilient and comfortable working within a 24/7 shift.
Wat je van ons krijgt
In a rapidly evolving business sector we see ourselves as courageous and passionate, working together as one team to understand and meet our customers’ needs.
Join us and you’ll discover a supportive and open environment where you’ll be encouraged to be yourself.
This means you’ll have the chance to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action.
We’ll also give you plenty of training and development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career.