Carry out Projects and TSR engineering design work supporting the Project Manager. The main duty
is to do the engineering work required to provide the required automated systems to meet customer
specific application and needs. This includes Level 0 and Level 1 automation (PLC programming,
sensors integration, network configuration, electrical engineering, etc) as well as Mechatronics
(robotics, vision-based robot guidance / identification / inspection, data mining, etc).
Design product developments and custom designs when required into specific customer installation
projects. The Automation Engineer is responsible for the conception, detail engineering coordination
including selection of main components, programming at PLC and computer level, product
documentation build up, shop testing, commissioning and maintenance.
Main accountabilities :
• Responsible for automation, electrical and mechatronics design work in respect to the
technical specifications and project planned delivery mile stones.
• Organise and follow up the drafting work of the designer (draftsmen) on the home site and
remote sites. Responsible for drawings check, approval and official release for
manufacturing. Consider manufacturing cost parameters in the design.
• Validation of the new design and product development during the shop test and
• Coordination and technical support to Operations and Suppliers during manufacturing
• Design as per the relevant norms.
• Set up and maintenance of Design Rules to share best practices across the group.
• Report progress proactively to the Project Manager and TSR requestors. Administrate the
work in the TSR system database.
• Report and coordinate technical issues or products continuous improvement to the relevant
Product Manager. Handle the associate technical documentation work.
Main interactions – internal (nature, frequency, level) :
Automation Manager GH, Project Managers, Operations, Designers, Product Managers, Customer
Main interactions – external (nature, frequency, level) :
Customer, Sales Areas and Suppliers.
ProfilDiplôme d’ingénieur en automation ou mécatronique
Minimum 3 ans d’expérience en tant qu’ingénieur en automation en industrie lourde
Connaissances en langages de programmation ( en particulier Siemens S7)
Très bon niveau d’anglais
Master degree in Electrical, Automation, Mecatronic or Electronics Engineering.
Experience in robotics and mechatronics projects is preferred.
Experience (number of years, seniority level, nature) :
2 to 5 years in heavy industry environment with design responsibilities is an asset. Mechatronic
background is a plus.
Expertise areas :
• Very Good in Electrical/Automation design (conception, calculation, equipment selection,
detail engineering design, PLC programming). A certain degree of creativity is expected.
• Knowledge in Hydraulic and other media is a plus.
• Knowledge on robotics engineering and programming is a plus.
• Practical approach and hands on capability with interest for heavy industry application.
• Able to work in team with good management and leadership skills.
• Good English speaking, writing and reading.
• Autonomous and Committed.
• Proactive and Organised.
• Opened to extensive international traveling (50 to 60% out of Belgium).
Ce que vous recevrez de nousSalary to be negotiated based on candidate profile and experience
25-30 % de voyage à l’international