- Handle import of various inbound shipments: prepare customs documents, prepare veterinary clearance documents.
- Communicate with customers on customs clearance instructions
- Follow up various shipments: paperwork, topping up of dry ice, gel pack replenishment etc.
- Enter airfreight and customs charges.
- Report and follow up on missing shipments.
- External communication with service providers: airlines, handling agents,
- Internal communication with drivers and colleagues within the World Courier network.
- Specialist import of specific goods such as CITES, Live Animals, Narcotics,
- Communicate with customs and follow up on customs clearance issues.
- Strict adherence to internal procedures both department specific and company specific, the latter being defined by SOPs and internal operations communications.
- Be fluent in French, Dutch and English (other languages are benefit but not essential)
- Have gained experience in the logistics sector (Freight forwarder, other Courier Company, Airline, handling agent, pharmaceutical company, etc.)
- Previous air freight customs brokerage experience required
- Experience with customs documentation for biopharmaceutical products would be a benefit
- Have an in depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and other IT programs
Wat je van ons krijgt
- The company offers a competitive basic salary based on experience level, and competitive wider benefits package.
- Fix contract after interim period.
- The company:
Our commitment to People, Quality and Innovation means we deliver career opportunities that few others can match. From our beginnings 50 years ago couriering time sensitive high importance documents to today’s cutting edge logistics solutions for Cell & Gene Therapies that save lives, we now have over 2,800 employees at 140 offices in more than 50 countries worldwide.
All aspects of daily Operations, from the moment a job is created, processing and monitoring through to its delivery to final consignee. This will include: preparation customs declarations for non EU shipments, preparation of documents for shipments requiring veterinary clearance, contacting airlines to follow up on recovery, use of a variety of IT systems, external communication with service providers and internal communications within the network.